10 February 2008

Investors and Management Company’s



Investors and Management Company's
By Frank Rubi


If you own rental property do you handle your business or do sub out the everyday task and let a management company do it for you? As I market homes for sale in Kenner, Metairie and Destrehan LA, I tried and help my investors understand all the finer points that I have learn thru the school of hard knocks. At one time, before Hurricane Katrina I was managing 64 units that I personally owned. It did become a job and so it felt. My decision at that point was too expand; I would have to hire a full time crew of employee's. Then insurance is an issue and cost. Payroll taxes and benefits. Sure sound great to have a staff and lots of paperwork. I decide I did not want to have a full time job. I was starting to sell down. I am glad for this decision everyday when I think of Hurricane Katrina and the damage it did on many of the units.


Another option could have been to hire a management company. They charge here in Greater New Orleans about 10% of the rents. Then there are any maintenance calls and cost associated. Then the remaining if any money goes to the investor. I have heard of companies that charge fees for everything. The tenant does not pay by the 5th, go to the court house and file for eviction. This is a cost of 100 buck. The same day the check arrives via US mail. The 100 bucks in the wind. My biggest issue with a management company is that they, at least the ones I have heard of, do not follow up on the maintenance repair. The next month the company gets the same call and the same guy goes out and said he repaired and then charges and fee. When does the investor make money? To be profitable in the Rental property game I think you should run your own property. That way you know every cost and if it was properly handle.




Want to learn more on real estate investing, Thinking of selling or buying a home in Kenner, Metairie or Destrehan LA? Interest rates are at their lowest points in several years. With the choice of selection in this market inventory, you can be in a new home in a short amount of time. Interest rates, insurance premium appear to be settling down and lots of inventory to choice from now is the time to act. Want to purchase or sell your property in the River Parishes, Kenner, Metairie, Slidell, Arabi, Baton Rouge and Houma, Louisiana.
Contact Frank Rubi, I would be happy to answer any questions and help you in this very important decision. I will make your buying or selling experience stress free.


Pick up the phone and call me at 504.319.9696 or email us at frank@frankrubi.com. www.activerain.com/frankrubi http://www.localism.com/ Louisiana, Destrehan, or Kenner, then browse in City, about, events, listings, and more.


In addition visit my websites: http://www.frankrubi.com/


Frank Rubi, e-PRO, MBA, REALTOR®


No comments: