Big Easy Real Estate Notes
by Frank Rubi
www.7824.com
Smart or Wise
Real Estate investor and / or landlord must be knowledgeable to survive in the business. I truly love being in this aspect of the business, the landlord. I am a people person and interested in learning as much as possible about land lording and dealing with people. Even after 20 years, I am also interested in building a better mouse trap, apartment.
I have over the years heard how hard and that such and such could not do it; that is making it in rental property. Another excuse reasons the property. I have yet to own a property where it causes any problems. It has been in my experience the investor/landlord was worried about the wrong things. One example, in 2001, one new investor who is very knowledgeable person, educated and worked in the local hospital purchase a block of property. He purchase without an agent, thought was to save the commission. No inspection preformed. After the purchase he was consumed with weather stripping and a few other minor tasks. He started to lost tenants. The block he purchased was 11 units. Shortly there after he found out tenants did not have hot water. I would move out as well if I did not have hot water. So he did not get it. What he should have done was immediately stop the bleeding. Call a plumber. I assume this block and within 30 days the entire property was turn around. Focus on the product and making the customer happy. The above investor was trying to help his tenants by worrying about weather stripping to save the tenant utility bill. That is fine but the tenants needed hot water. As I stated earlier I have been in Real Estate business for many years. Those years I experience the many aspects of procuring, selling and assisting clients with these and many other aspects of rental property. I have owned and still do many properties in Kenner, Slidell and Metairie LA. When looking for a Realtor ask several questions. My first question as an investor would be, how many units do you own?
The question of the Day: What is the difference between a Smart and a Wise person: EXPERIENCE!
Thinking of selling or buying a home in Kenner LA? Interest rates are at their lowest points in several years. With the choice of selection in this market inventory, you can be in a new home in a short amount of time. Interest rates, insurance premium appear to be settling down and lots of inventory to choice from now is the time to act. Want to purchase or sell your property in the River Parishes, Kenner, Metairie, Slidell, Arabi, Baton Rouge and Houma, Louisiana.
Contact me Frank Rubi, I would be happy to answer any questions and help you in this very important decision. I will make your buying or selling experience stress free.
Pick up the phone and call me at 504.319.9696 or email us at rubi@7824.com. www.activerain.com/frankrubi http://www.localism.com/ Louisiana, Destrehan, or Kenner, then browse in City, about, events, listings, and more.
In addition visit my websites: http://www.7824.com/
Frank Rubi, e-PRO, MBA, REALTOR®
No comments:
Post a Comment